Today we will break down some important facts about maintaining your microbiome and how probiotics can help rebalance your microbial system.
5 Key Factors That Influence Your Microbiome
There are FIVE key factors that can offset the balance of the microbiome and many of us encounter one or more of these stressors every day. These include:
1) Stress – Research shows that stress can affect gastric secretions, gut motility, mucosal permeability and barrier function, visceral sensitivity, and mucosal blood flow (NIH). These all seem like big, scary medical terms, but don’t let that intimidate you. What it comes down to is the fact that stress, even when acute, can hinder your gut's ability to function properly.
2) Exercise – In the middle of an obesity crisis, everyone understands that a lack of exercise can have detrimental effects on your health and wellness. On a more fundamental level though, a lack of exercise actually limits the diversity of bacteria you are exposed to, thus minimizing the microbial diversity that exists in your microbiome. Having a more diverse profile of microbes helps the body improve the ability to resist different types of infection.
3) Diet – In relation to a lack of exercise, a poorly balanced diet can negatively impact the microbes that exist in your gut (Nutrients Journal). A low-fiber and high-sugar diet can offset the microbial balance because sugar feeds the bad bacteria, while fiber feeds the good strains. In imbalanced proportions, you can very easily distort the makeup of your microbiome and compromise your health.
4) Antibiotics – Antibiotics are an equal opportunity offender when it comes to attacking bacteria. When your immune system is compromised by an excess of bad bacteria, antibiotics may be used to restore your internal balance. Unfortunately, this restoration can only occur by way of eliminating the good bacteria too.
5) Birth Method – This stressor is more difficult to control than some of the other factors that play a role in our gut health. However, research has shown that babies who are born via C-section present with reduced bacterial diversity, as well as lower levels of good bacteria (Science Daily).
Restore Balance To Your Microbiome With Probiotics
Probiotics are live microorganisms that have direct effects on the microbiome. While widely recognized for the role they play on gut health, high-quality probiotics can offer you many additional benefits, including:
Support for nasal, sinus, and respiratory health
Increased nutrient absorption
Vaginal and urogenital health
Overall immune system support
Garden of Life – RAW Probiotics Ultimate Care
If your microbiome could use a boost, consider integrating Garden of Life’s RAW Probiotics Ultimate Care into your daily diet. This probiotic supplement features a record-setting 34 strains of friendly probiotics derived from whole foods. Totaling at approximately 100 billion colony-forming units (CFU) per dose, this supplement additionally features a 50 mg protein-digesting enzyme blend and a 45 mg blend of a fruit and veggie blend.
It all adds up to an impressive probiotic supplement that will undoubtedly restore your microbiome and improve your health in numerous ways.
Life Extension: Enhanced Super Digestive Enzyme And Probiotics
On the other hand, you can’t go wrong with the Life Extension’s Enhanced Super Digestive Enzymes and Probiotics. This best-in-class probiotic product not only features 1 billion CFU of friendly probiotic strains, but it also provides 10 vegetarian-friendly enzymes. Those enzymes work to support optimal GI balance and help your body absorb vital nutrients. With this kind of daily support, your microbiome will be running in tip-top shape all year-round.
Where Can I Get These High-Quality Probiotics?
Thanks to our unique partnerships with supplement manufacturers, you can purchase these impressive probiotics by clicking the links on this page! At HopeNWellness, we readily provide high-quality supplements to our followers at exclusive price points to make quality nutrition accessible and affordable for everyone.
Are you ready to rebalance your microbiome? Then order your first batch of RAW Probiotics Ultimate Care or Enhanced Super Digestive Enzyme and Probiotics and experience the benefits of improved gut health today!